I’ve got about two months until the Teton road trip, so Rocinante is now my top priority project. The master list of improvements continues to grow, which means it’s time to sort out the critical items and get them squared away first. These projects definitely need to be done before we leave:
- Finish the sleeping platform. The outer box is complete but still needs to be strapped to the truck frame. Both drawers need fronts, handles/latches, and carpeting for the bottom of the drawers.
- Shell weatherproofing. Both stargazer windows need to be replaced. Add awning over the back door to redirect drips. Clean up and caulk back door.
- Dim headlight issue. Try replacing the bulbs, move to whole new light assembly if needed.
- Power. New panel is on order, figure out installation once it arrives.
- Radio and GPS. Decide, buy, install. If my phone is the best option for navigation, need a dash mount.
- Shell livability. Add curtains (possibly insulated) and bug netting for the back door.