We picked a bunch of tomatoes this weekend, so I thought I’d try making some savory-sweet tomato jam. Quick, easy, tasty. Would be great on a toasted sandwich or over cream cheese as a fancy dip.
I adapted this recipe from Food in Jars with these mods, based on what I had in my pantry:
- Reduced sugar to 1 cup. Could even go to 3/4 cup for sweetness, since we’re planning to use it fresh.
- Lemon juice from 1 small but juicy lemon, maybe 3 Tbl.
- 2 tsp dried, ground ginger
- We’re out of smoked paprika, so it was omitted this time around.
- Added a few glugs of Worschester
It tasted a LOT more spicy when the jam was cooking, but is just pleasantly kicky when the jam is at room temperature.